2014-01-12

Getting into best shape of my life..../12jan13


My first show is scheduled on July 6th, Japan weight category.  I will probably compete in 49kg class again this year. It was held in Hokkaido, northern part of Japan. This year, in Okayama, almost mid part of Japan, so I guess there will be more competitors and it will be harder but I'm hoping to do better than last year. I got 4th place last time. Maybe 4th or 3rd, so help me God!

I have bulked up to 58kg this time and started slowly losing weight. Last year I was 55kg before season and dieted down to 47kg which I think I was in the best shape of my life.  I'm not sure 3kg plus is muscle gain or just pure fat but I'm hoping and praying, lifting heavier and cooking my own food..

Anyway, when I hear someone says "I will get into the best shape of my life", I kind of shiver and am lost for words....

Because usually they will fail miserably or stop talking about diet very soon. I'm starting to think some are just in love with making same mistakes over and over again. 

Sorry to be mean but I've seen enough people making same mistakes again and again, and started to think "getting into the best shape of..." is a recipe of failure.

Why???

Because it's not about getting into SHAPE but getting into GOOD HABITS. And acquiring good habits really takes time...

And many people jump start harsh diet without changing their bad habits first.

Such as changing huge meals to "small glasses of protein" all of sudden.

This is a typical recipe for failure, isn't it???

Why not just start with a little smaller meals??? If you eat 2 pieces of bread, then just 1 piece? And gradually decrease quantity but never jump to "just a glass of protein".

I prefer 6 small meals a day every 3 hours because it's easier for me to manage meal portion.  Even though I'm not full with one meal, I'll be eating again after 3 hours, not a big deal.

And then, I don't eat huge quantity in one setting. It took me 3 years to acquire this habit.

For me, when I eat one huge meal, I will want to eat another huge one again and my meals will just get bigger and bigger....

My weight loss journey started with taming myself with relatively smaller meals.

You could start with huge meals with plenty of veggies or could start with moderate meal portion management, there are plenty of different ways.

Whatever meal strategy you choose, never jump to extreme low calorie diet or some glasses of protein a day!

Please start acquiring good habits first, preferably easier ones.

Me??? I will start serious fat loss from March but I've started to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier so that I can prepare meals box for the day. I am still buying prepared foods at convenience stores but will stop this in Feb.

Above is a pic I got from Show-san. Bottles of tomato juice and grapefruit juice. Both are helpful for managing water retention. I will start drinking more water and these. Just making small, moderate and easier changes.

Now, those who love to eat huge meals in one setting, please never ever jump to "glass of protein" diet. You will fail for sure.

You could try intermittent fasting but I'm not expert of this.

Don't try to get into the best shape of your life in 3 months. Please don't!

Changing eating habits is a HELL OF WORK!

I'm so sad to see some people go for extreme diet and then BINGE.  Same old sad scene, sigh...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿